Friday, October 3, 2008

I am so afraid Hayden is going to be accident prone just like Kyle!

I was in my room doing laundry while Hayden was roaming the living room, when I decided it would probably be better if I took down the baby gate in the hall and let him come in my room with me so I could keep a better eye on him. So I made sure all the outlets had covers in them, all the pennies were off the floor, and the bathroom door was closed so he didn't play in the toilet. I thought everything was covered and it was now safe to let him past the hallways. Plus, I was going to be right there watching him, so there's no way he could get hurt. He crawled in my room as soon as I took the gate down. He found some plastic hangers and played with them for a while, then he found the MIRROR! He loves to see himself in the mirror! I kept folding laundry while he played patty-cake with the little boy in the mirror, but then he got bored, I guess, and crawled back into the hallway. I started to go to get him when I saw a trail of BLOOD! OH NO! It was everywhere! Hayden wasn't crying, but it had to have come from him cuz I wasn't bleeding anywhere...? Hayden was standing in the hall dripping blood from his hand. Somehow, in the safe environment that I created for him, he managed to slice his finger open. So, I got him all fixed up with a band-aid... eventually. I was freaking out and getting light headed the whole time, but we got him cleaned up. (Now he just keeps trying to eat his band-aid) Then I went back to the bedroom to clean up the crime scene... that's really what it looked like! There was blood everywhere... on the floor, on the baby gate, on the wall, on the mirror... everywhere! Before I cleaned it all up, I decided to take some pictures to show you the mess. But, I never did find out how or what he cut himself on! Yikes!



^^The red spots are his blood on the mirror^^




^^His blood all over the carpet and his baby gate^^




^^I had to cut the band-aid to fit his finger. Then he kept trying to take it off and eat it.^^
His hands were covered in blood.

No comments: